- Food & Drink
It’s the 23rd December and I know exactly what you’re thinking: I’ve got the presents, put up the tree, secretly eaten all the good ones out of the tin of Quality Street and put the sherry in the fridge, but NIGHTMARE! I’ve forgotten to make the crispy cheese pancakes in the manner of Findus! Christmas is RUINED.Continue Reading →
The retro recipes season over at lovefood.com has reached my all time favourite chicken dish: the chicken Kiev. Read about its stateless history and how it helped to make ready meals respectable here, and click here for a recipe.Continue Reading →
The retro season over at lovefood.com has reached its apotheosis with the prawn cocktail. Shredded lettuce, diced cucumber and plump prawns in proper Marie Rose sauce, made with ketchup and everything. Click here for the recipe, and to read all about its glamorous history, [...]Continue Reading →
The British seaside has many attractions. Piers, pebbly beaches, little trains that chug up and down the promenade at slower than walking pace, sticks of rock carved into humorous shapes. But for me, none of it beats poking around the town’s charity shops while wearing [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Gin Tasting: Daffy’s Gin ... 4 days ago
- How to make celeriac chips ... 1 month ago
- Drinking gin in Edinburgh ... 1 month ago
- Parsnip Soup with Kale, Walnut & Stilton Pesto ... 2 months ago
- Where In The Hell To Buy Things For People Who Like Food This Christmas ... 2 months ago
- Whisky & Cream Fudge ... 2 months ago
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 3 months ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 3 months ago