- Food & Drink
It’s the 23rd December and I know exactly what you’re thinking: I’ve got the presents, put up the tree, secretly eaten all the good ones out of the tin of Quality Street and put the sherry in the fridge, but NIGHTMARE! I’ve forgotten to make the crispy cheese pancakes in the manner of Findus! Christmas is RUINED.Continue Reading →
The retro season over at lovefood.com has reached its apotheosis with the prawn cocktail. Shredded lettuce, diced cucumber and plump prawns in proper Marie Rose sauce, made with ketchup and everything. Click here for the recipe, and to read all about its glamorous history, [...]Continue Reading →
The British seaside has many attractions. Piers, pebbly beaches, little trains that chug up and down the promenade at slower than walking pace, sticks of rock carved into humorous shapes. But for me, none of it beats poking around the town’s charity shops while wearing [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 1 week ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 2 weeks ago
- Beefeater Burrough’s Reserve Gin ... 2 weeks ago
- Baking Justin Gellatly’s Custard Tart ... 4 weeks ago
- Cocktail Making Masterclass, Hotel du Vin, Brighton ... 1 month ago
- Gin tasting: Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin ... 2 months ago
- Sour milk & lemon cake ... 2 months ago
- Chicken & leek pie with a suet crust ... 2 months ago