- Food & Drink
Of all the vices that spatter my soul, like toothpaste across a mirror, buying secondhand cookbooks is the one I find the hardest to give up. It might not seem that terrible a habit to you. Noble even – the pursuit of knowledge and social good at a [...]Continue Reading →
I served the Szechuan peppercorn ice cream I wrote about yesterday with these crunchy, golden biscuits. They are essentially langue du chat but rather than pipe them, I placed tiny, 1/2-a-teaspoon rounds of the mixture well spaced apart on baking trays. They spread a lot and any [...]Continue Reading →
Continuing the theme of using up things from my cupboards, I turn my thrifty eye to the massive quantity of oats that has snuck its way into my kitchen. In fact, it’s not just oats that have bypassed the security system, I also have massive bagfuls of barley flakes, rye [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by email?
- Gin Tasting: Daffy’s Gin ... 1 week ago
- How to make celeriac chips ... 1 month ago
- Drinking gin in Edinburgh ... 1 month ago
- Parsnip Soup with Kale, Walnut & Stilton Pesto ... 2 months ago
- Where In The Hell To Buy Things For People Who Like Food This Christmas ... 2 months ago
- Whisky & Cream Fudge ... 2 months ago
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 3 months ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 3 months ago