- Food & Drink
On November 5, 2013 By ginandcrumpets
Munchkin is a really satisfying word to say. The bite down of ‘munch’ followed by the chew of ‘kin’ makes enunciating it an almost physical pleasure. Try it, and if you don’t spend the next couple of minutes repeating munchkin over [...]Continue Reading →
The sun is out, the heat is on and I have cast off my jumpers, mufflers, vests, long johns and balaclava. Following this great unveiling my fancy turns to one thing and one thing alone: salad.
It’s a passing phase that arrives with the first warm rays [...]Continue Reading →
Apparently, I am now taking requests.
At the end of March Alistair got in touch with a tale of savoury muffin woe. He’d been on holiday to the Antipodes and had enjoyed the fine cafe culture they have down there. But returning to the UK he was faced with [...]Continue Reading →
There is snow again. Not enough to stop me getting to work but enough to make me grateful for central heating. I’m battling the weather on all fronts – with thick socks, knitted hats and bowls of soup.
Named after the noxious yellow fogs that used to poison [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 1 week ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 2 weeks ago
- Beefeater Burrough’s Reserve Gin ... 3 weeks ago
- Baking Justin Gellatly’s Custard Tart ... 1 month ago
- Cocktail Making Masterclass, Hotel du Vin, Brighton ... 1 month ago
- Gin tasting: Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin ... 2 months ago
- Sour milk & lemon cake ... 2 months ago
- Chicken & leek pie with a suet crust ... 3 months ago