- Food & Drink
On July 15, 2010 By ginandcrumpets
I’ve had niggling doubts about my 1st review of Nautilus ever since I pressed publish. I’d said how the food was delicious, the service was swift and the prices completely shocking for a Londoner (no, really, Ireland, you’re very expensive), but was my conclusion fair or was it born of my Hulk-like rage [...]Continue Reading →
Driving into Cobh with visiting friends Trevor and Badger (they chose their own nicknames), I immediately felt at home. The stubborn row of palm trees, the waterfront promenade with railings you can hang on to when the sea breezes come howling in, the string of picturesque houses overlooking an industrial vista – for a Portsmouth girl, [...]Continue Reading →
There’s a school of thought that you should visit a restaurant at least 3 times before you review it. Some bloggers take this very seriously and pledge to uphold it, their right hand held over their heart and their left hand saluting the triumvirate of [...]Continue Reading →
On June 5, 2010 By ginandcrumpets
Last Friday (day 40) was Exam Day. This caused a lot of fear and perspiration among the students in the 4 weeks before, when the rumours of mid-term exams began to circulate. At first, there was only the suspicion of exams. Then, after a few bold students approached the office, [...]Continue Reading →
If Ballymaloe is our Babylon, then Ballycotton is our Soddom and Gommorah. Timourous, befloured students cast off their discipline and hunger for knowledge on the 2-mile journey to the harbour village and arrive there with a thirst for beer and dancing and whatever else they can get.
Our [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by email?
- Where In The Hell To Buy Things For People Who Like Food This Christmas ... 1 week ago
- Whisky & Cream Fudge ... 1 week ago
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 1 month ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 1 month ago
- Ali Baba and Asian Takeaway, Peckham ... 2 months ago
- A food safari around Suffolk ... 2 months ago
- Forza Dispensa, Forza Win, Peckham ... 2 months ago
- Orchard Ramble (a cocktail, not a pastime) ... 3 months ago