- Food & Drink
Looking back at the reviews I wrote of my Trans-Mongolian train trip, I see I’ve written up 5 meals in Ulaanbaatar and just 2 in Beijing. This needs to be corrected. Even the bad meals in Beijing were a sensory explosion compared to the bland meat’n’wheat fare we stopped up our [...]Continue Reading →
Let’s time travel back to early last October, when DJ, Leonard and I were wandering around Beijing in sandals and t-shirts (The Enigmatic Mr S had also flown out to join us). It was our second day in Beijing and we’d already decided on the train into China where we going [...]Continue Reading →
2 weeks after we left Moscow on the Rossiya, DJ, Leonard and I arrived triumphant, excited and on time in Beijing. On the flight to Moscow we’d discussed which bit of the holiday we were looking forward to most. ‘Beijing,’ we all [...]Continue Reading →
On December 2, 2009 By ginandcrumpets
It’s 6am on the 8th October and I’m watching dawn’s fat pink fingers slowly work their way up the track outside Ulaanbaatur’s train station. I’m also trying to wipe the taste of the worst cup of tea from my mouth.
I’m [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- How to make celeriac chips ... 6 days ago
- Drinking gin in Edinburgh ... 3 weeks ago
- Parsnip Soup with Kale, Walnut & Stilton Pesto ... 4 weeks ago
- Where In The Hell To Buy Things For People Who Like Food This Christmas ... 1 month ago
- Whisky & Cream Fudge ... 1 month ago
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 2 months ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 2 months ago
- Ali Baba and Asian Takeaway, Peckham ... 3 months ago