- Food & Drink
The retro season over at lovefood.com has reached its apotheosis with the prawn cocktail. Shredded lettuce, diced cucumber and plump prawns in proper Marie Rose sauce, made with ketchup and everything. Click here for the recipe, and to read all about its glamorous history, [...]Continue Reading →
Beef Stroganoff is what happens when French food meets a bottomless Russian wallet. Fillet steak, plenty of butter and no stinting on the cartons of sour cream – it’s the kind of meal that requires an imperial income and a damned hard winter to justify it. [...]Continue Reading →
Everything is improved by being covered in brandy and set on fire. This is especially the case for pancakes, so my Shrove Tuesday post for lovefood.com is dedicated to that retro glam classic crêpes Suzette. For the history behind these flaming wonders, click Continue Reading →
Sticky toffee pudding As well as writing for Aol Lifestyle while Gin and Crumpets was being rebuilt, I also graced the pages of lovefood with some recipes and a little bit of food history, too (I’m versatile like that). First was Sticky Toffee Pudding, which [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 2 weeks ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 2 weeks ago
- Beefeater Burrough’s Reserve Gin ... 3 weeks ago
- Baking Justin Gellatly’s Custard Tart ... 1 month ago
- Cocktail Making Masterclass, Hotel du Vin, Brighton ... 1 month ago
- Gin tasting: Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin ... 2 months ago
- Sour milk & lemon cake ... 2 months ago
- Chicken & leek pie with a suet crust ... 3 months ago