- Food & Drink
It’s the 23rd December and I know exactly what you’re thinking: I’ve got the presents, put up the tree, secretly eaten all the good ones out of the tin of Quality Street and put the sherry in the fridge, but NIGHTMARE! I’ve forgotten to make the crispy cheese pancakes in the manner of Findus! Christmas is RUINED.Continue Reading →
At The Imperial War Museum, The Ministry of Food exhibition is currently explaining how we didn’t just fight them on the beaches, but also on the hob, in the oven and queueing at the butchers. To tie in with the exhibition, the cafe has been transformed [...]Continue Reading →
I’ve given up meat for Lent. After a fashion.
It would be truer to say that I’m avoiding meat for Lent, ducking into doorways, hiding behind newspapers and studiously staring at my shoes whenever a nice, juicy, bloody steak walks past, dribbling gravy in its wake.
It’s because I [...]Continue Reading →
The January theme for No Croutons Required was a soup or salad inspired by Thai cuisine, and I read that suggestion just as I was overcome by a craving for tofu. I’m normally struck with the desire for tofu once a month, usually when I’m feeling [...]Continue Reading →
Just after Christmas I saw a tweet from The Cheeselover (who masquerades as @winematcher on Twitter) reminding the food blogging world of her Ultimate Macaroni Cheese Challenge. My mind filled with images of steaming pasta and pools of cheese sauce, so I went [...]Continue Reading →
Pumpkin is such a disappointing vegetable. They look huge and impressive but inside it’s just air and membrane and seeds. And they are so wet. When you peel them, they dribble and drool all over the kitchen and the resulting puddle of pumpkin flesh sits [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by email?
- ginandcrumpets on Contact
- ginandcrumpets on Cocktail Making Masterclass, Hotel du Vin, Brighton
- Sally Sellwood on Cocktail Making Masterclass, Hotel du Vin, Brighton
- Paul Neal on Contact
- ginandcrumpets on Sour milk & lemon cake
- Baking Justin Gellatly’s Custard Tart ... 1 day ago
- Cocktail Making Masterclass, Hotel du Vin, Brighton ... 2 weeks ago
- Gin tasting: Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin ... 1 month ago
- Sour milk & lemon cake ... 1 month ago
- Chicken & leek pie with a suet crust ... 2 months ago
- Banoffee cake slices ... 2 months ago
- Gin tasting: Martin Miller’s Gin ... 2 months ago
- Spiced tea buns by Richard Bertinet ... 5 months ago