- Food & Drink
There are few things that aren’t improved by pork, even dessert. Last week I was going to a Bonfire Night party and had offered to bring pudding. Specifically, I’d offered to bring cake. But I’m unreliable and my imagination, once it has got hold of [...]Continue Reading →
On a recent weekend to Glasgow, there was a lot of talk about Mars Bar crispy cakes. They’re a speciality of my hostess’s neighbour and everyone reminisced about the Mars Bar crispy cakes they’d eaten and told funny stories about the Mars Bar crispy cakes that’d [...]Continue Reading →
Easter nests can’t be the first thing I ever learnt to make; school terms dictate that should have been mincemeat pinwheels for Christmas. But they are the first thing I remember learning to make in the child height kitchen at my primary school. Children in aprons that [...]Continue Reading →
It’s Burn’s Night on the 25th and the traditional way to honour this Romantic poet is to stuff a load of sheep off-cuts into the benighted animal’s stomach and then boil it. Personally, if I was a leviathan of Scottish poetry, I’d want to be remembered with something a bit [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 4 days ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 1 week ago
- Beefeater Burrough’s Reserve Gin ... 1 week ago
- Baking Justin Gellatly’s Custard Tart ... 3 weeks ago
- Cocktail Making Masterclass, Hotel du Vin, Brighton ... 1 month ago
- Gin tasting: Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin ... 2 months ago
- Sour milk & lemon cake ... 2 months ago
- Chicken & leek pie with a suet crust ... 2 months ago