- Food & Drink
There are few things that aren’t improved by pork, even dessert. Last week I was going to a Bonfire Night party and had offered to bring pudding. Specifically, I’d offered to bring cake. But I’m unreliable and my imagination, once it has got hold of [...]Continue Reading →
On a recent weekend to Glasgow, there was a lot of talk about Mars Bar crispy cakes. They’re a speciality of my hostess’s neighbour and everyone reminisced about the Mars Bar crispy cakes they’d eaten and told funny stories about the Mars Bar crispy cakes that’d [...]Continue Reading →
Easter nests can’t be the first thing I ever learnt to make; school terms dictate that should have been mincemeat pinwheels for Christmas. But they are the first thing I remember learning to make in the child height kitchen at my primary school. Children in aprons that [...]Continue Reading →
It’s Burn’s Night on the 25th and the traditional way to honour this Romantic poet is to stuff a load of sheep off-cuts into the benighted animal’s stomach and then boil it. Personally, if I was a leviathan of Scottish poetry, I’d want to be remembered with something a bit [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by email?
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 4 days ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 1 week ago
- Ali Baba and Asian Takeaway, Peckham ... 1 month ago
- A food safari around Suffolk ... 1 month ago
- Forza Dispensa, Forza Win, Peckham ... 1 month ago
- Orchard Ramble (a cocktail, not a pastime) ... 2 months ago
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 3 months ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 3 months ago