- Food & Drink
On October 2, 2013 By ginandcrumpets
Urban Food Fortnight, that two week waltz through the community gardens of London is over and I am laid up in bed with the kind of cold that only hits when you stop working, have a sit down and let your immune [...]Continue Reading →
The trouble with having curly hair is that I wake up most mornings looking like a Bichon Frisé that’s licked a socket. I have a halo of brambles that neither comb, mousse or hairspray can control.
This Medusan tangle is at its worst [...]Continue Reading →
I am a herd beast and when all other food bloggers go mad for Szechuan food, I go mad for Szechuan food too. I order the crispy pig’s intestines and shovel the crunchy-soft offal into my gullet, savouring the chilli heat and the peppercorn numbness. And [...]Continue Reading →
I completely cocked up this cherry pie recipe. I had an idea of making individual pies that you could take with you on a picnic; sturdy little pies that you could prise the lids off, spoon in whipped cream, then eat in a messy fashion.
[...]Continue Reading →
One of the most useless gadgets I own is an ice cream maker. For 364 days of the year, it sits in the Sports Cupboard (named after all the golf clubs, rugby balls, roller skates, tennis rackets, shuttlecocks and other bits of sports equipment purchased, used once and then abandoned [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Gin Tasting: Daffy’s Gin ... 2 months ago
- How to make celeriac chips ... 3 months ago
- Drinking gin in Edinburgh ... 3 months ago
- Parsnip Soup with Kale, Walnut & Stilton Pesto ... 3 months ago
- Where In The Hell To Buy Things For People Who Like Food This Christmas ... 4 months ago
- Whisky & Cream Fudge ... 4 months ago
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 5 months ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 5 months ago