- Food & Drink
Due to the unique way the London rental market works (my landlord is putting the rent up), I have to move house. Which means that between now and the end of the month I need to eat or throw away everything I own so I [...]Continue Reading →
As anyone who’s had the misfortune to walk through a town centre with me will confirm, I can’t resist a charity shop. I have to go in and inspect the cookery books, looking for original, interesting or just plain sticky, well-used tomes.
One of my latest buys (£2.50, thank [...]Continue Reading →
A few weeks ago, on my last visit home, Sister Number 2 told me that she had never eaten Thai food. Not a mouthful. I was stunned. How was she going to be part of the aspiring middle classes if she couldn’t say with confidence: ‘Well, I like Chinese food, of course, but [...]Continue Reading →
Every month A Slice of Cherry Pie runs an In The Bag challenge and this month the seasonal ingredients were chicken, red chilli and garlic. I thought this was a challenge that I could rise to and created this mélange of vaguely oriental [...]Continue Reading →
I’m British and am therefore obsessed with the weather. Splashing to the bus stop in sandals, cooking in my own coat and wellies at the park, being temporarily blinded by wind-whipped hair; however I am dressed, I am dressed inappropriately. And my fridge is stocked [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 4 days ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 6 days ago
- Ali Baba and Asian Takeaway, Peckham ... 1 month ago
- A food safari around Suffolk ... 1 month ago
- Forza Dispensa, Forza Win, Peckham ... 1 month ago
- Orchard Ramble (a cocktail, not a pastime) ... 2 months ago
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 3 months ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 3 months ago