- Food & Drink
A few weeks ago it was The Enigmatic Mr S’s birthday. Being enigmatic, he’s often difficult to buy gifts for, but this year I had a corker of an idea. Because Mr S is inordinately fond of fruit buns. And if you like something, wouldn’t you really like a [...]Continue Reading →
Last week The Actress in East Dulwich hosted a pre-opening pizza party. It was a chance for the pub to show off it’s roaring hot, spanking new pizza oven and for several food bloggers to get their hands on a pizza paddle and demonstrate that we’re not all talk, [...]Continue Reading →
I don’t think there’s an easier bread to make than soda bread. A little sifting, some mixing and patting, then slam it into an oven and within the hour you have hot bread to burn your mouth and fingers on. So simple and yet, in the UK, [...]Continue Reading →
Sometimes you do things in the kitchen that you realise afterwards were utterly stupid, like adding whisky to a hot pan and creating a brief but terrifying column of fire (sorry about your kitchen Leonard).
For a long time, every yeasted bun and loaf I made came [...]Continue Reading →
If you want to raise money for charity, bake a cake. This time last week, I was at a cake party hosted by Hollowlegs for Macmillan Cancer Support. She and Food Stories cooked a mammoth quantity of cake, including Blueberry [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Or by email?
- Ali Baba and Asian Takeaway, Peckham ... 1 week ago
- A food safari around Suffolk ... 2 weeks ago
- Forza Dispensa, Forza Win, Peckham ... 3 weeks ago
- Orchard Ramble (a cocktail, not a pastime) ... 1 month ago
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 2 months ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 2 months ago
- Beefeater Burrough’s Reserve Gin ... 2 months ago
- Baking Justin Gellatly’s Custard Tart ... 3 months ago