- Food & Drink
Beer 1 with Scotch egg It’s 180 years since Mr Young and Mr Bainbridge bought the Ram Brewery in Wandsworth and began the noble process of transforming barley, hops, yeast and water in to beer. Young’s may have since swapped South West London for the provincial delights of Bedford, but across the [...]Continue Reading →
A few weeks ago on Twitter (you can follow me here) there was a discussion on whether or not you can mull gin. This is a silly question, because I can mull anything and at the end of some Christmas parties, I’ve tried to. The conversation [...]Continue Reading →
There are strict rules about mulling booze at Gin and Crumpets Towers:
1) Booze may only be mulled between 1st November and 31st December.
2) It is forbidden to mull wine before the 1st December.
3) Following the flaming pot incident, a damp tea towel must [...]
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by email?
- Ali Baba and Asian Takeaway, Peckham ... 4 days ago
- A food safari around Suffolk ... 1 week ago
- Forza Dispensa, Forza Win, Peckham ... 2 weeks ago
- Orchard Ramble (a cocktail, not a pastime) ... 1 month ago
- Carrot cake with gingerbread spicing ... 2 months ago
- Greek frappé nes ... 2 months ago
- Beefeater Burrough’s Reserve Gin ... 2 months ago
- Baking Justin Gellatly’s Custard Tart ... 2 months ago