- Food & Drink
Beer 1 with Scotch egg It’s 180 years since Mr Young and Mr Bainbridge bought the Ram Brewery in Wandsworth and began the noble process of transforming barley, hops, yeast and water in to beer. Young’s may have since swapped South West London for the provincial delights of Bedford, but across the [...]Continue Reading →
A few weeks ago on Twitter (you can follow me here) there was a discussion on whether or not you can mull gin. This is a silly question, because I can mull anything and at the end of some Christmas parties, I’ve tried to. The conversation [...]Continue Reading →
There are strict rules about mulling booze at Gin and Crumpets Towers:
1) Booze may only be mulled between 1st November and 31st December.
2) It is forbidden to mull wine before the 1st December.
3) Following the flaming pot incident, a damp tea towel must [...]
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by email?
- Where In The Hell To Buy Things For People Who Like Food This Christmas ... 1 week ago
- Whisky & Cream Fudge ... 1 week ago
- Gin tasting: Half Hitch Gin ... 4 weeks ago
- Peckham Refreshment Rooms, Peckham Bazaar and Peckham Market – all the Peckhams ... 1 month ago
- Ali Baba and Asian Takeaway, Peckham ... 1 month ago
- A food safari around Suffolk ... 2 months ago
- Forza Dispensa, Forza Win, Peckham ... 2 months ago
- Orchard Ramble (a cocktail, not a pastime) ... 3 months ago