- Food & Drink
On November 5, 2013 By ginandcrumpets
Munchkin is a really satisfying word to say. The bite down of ‘munch’ followed by the chew of ‘kin’ makes enunciating it an almost physical pleasure. Try it, and if you don’t spend the next couple of minutes repeating munchkin over [...]Continue Reading →
The sun is out, the heat is on and I have cast off my jumpers, mufflers, vests, long johns and balaclava. Following this great unveiling my fancy turns to one thing and one thing alone: salad.
It’s a passing phase that arrives with the first warm rays [...]Continue Reading →
Apparently, I am now taking requests.
At the end of March Alistair got in touch with a tale of savoury muffin woe. He’d been on holiday to the Antipodes and had enjoyed the fine cafe culture they have down there. But returning to the UK he was faced with [...]Continue Reading →
There is snow again. Not enough to stop me getting to work but enough to make me grateful for central heating. I’m battling the weather on all fronts – with thick socks, knitted hats and bowls of soup.
Named after the noxious yellow fogs that used to poison [...]Continue Reading →
My name is Jassy Davis and I'm a freelance food writer, recipe developer and food stylist. I write for magazines, websites and I'm the co-author of The Contented Calf Cookbook.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by email?
- beachhutcook on Spiced tea buns by Richard Bertinet
- ginandcrumpets on Steak cakes: brownies for meat fiends
- ginandcrumpets on Rhubarb & cardamom drizzle cake
- ginandcrumpets on Victoria sponge cake with roast rhubarb (contains Father Brown spoilers)
- Alicia (foodycat) on Victoria sponge cake with roast rhubarb (contains Father Brown spoilers)
- Ballymaloe (24)
- Food & Drink (171)
- Drink (41)
- Food (130)
- Baking (54)
- Books (1)
- Breakfast (11)
- Fish & Shellfish (1)
- Meat & Poultry (19)
- Preserves (9)
- Puddings (14)
- Sweets & Chocolate (4)
- Vegetarian (18)
- Freelance (54)
- Travel (83)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Spiced tea buns by Richard Bertinet ... 2 weeks ago
- Victoria sponge cake with roast rhubarb (contains Father Brown spoilers) ... 2 weeks ago
- Rhubarb & cardamom drizzle cake ... 3 weeks ago
- Gin tasting: Tarquin’s Handcrafted Cornish Dry Gin ... 4 weeks ago
- Steak cakes: brownies for meat fiends ... 1 month ago
- Gin tasting: Caorunn Small Batch Scottish Gin ... 1 month ago
- Squid ink and spritzes: a weekend of eating in Venice ... 2 months ago
- Gin tasting: Oliver Cromwell Dry London Gin (Aldi) ... 3 months ago